The Bomber Fastpitch Organization announced today the formation of a new team out of the Houston area to be called Texas Bombers Gold 14U Jones.
This team will be based in Pearland, Texas and most recently played under the Diamond Sports Hotshots organization. It will now transition to the Bombers Fastpitch Organization effective immediately.
“I could not be more excited to have the opportunity to add an amazing team like Steve Jones has to our program,” Bombers’ Program Director Scott Smith said today.
“The awesome accomplishments they have already experienced lines up well with our standards in the Bomber Organization and to add quality coaches like Steve Jones and his assistant coaches makes this opportunity even more special. I can’t wait to get them back on the field in February in a Bomber uniform. This team’s success speaks for itself: from going unranked to now ranked No. 2 in the US Club Rankings.”
The new Texas Bombers Gold 14U Jones team has had a phenomenal run the last three years… here are a few of the team’s accomplishments:
- 2016-17 first-year 12U record of 82-20 playing almost exclusively second-year 12U and 14U A-level teams
- 2016 OKC Challenge Champions
- 2017-18 second-year 12U record of 138-9 playing more 14U tourneys than 12U tourneys (WFC National Champions)
- 2017 Colorado Sparkler Jr placed 17th as first-year 12U
- 2017 Ronald McDonald Champions (National Bracket)
- 2018 first-year 14U record of 138-9 with five of the losses occurring while playing in a higher age division
- 2018 OKC Challenge Champions
- 2018 WFC USA Select National Champions
- 2018 PGF Nationals Premier finalists
According to Head Coach Steve Jones, most of the key players instrumental in the team's success in 2018 return including one of the most dynamic and multi-talented players in the age group in pitcher/utility player Sa'Mya Jones along with a pair of gifted athletes in speedy centerfielder and leadoff hitter Moriah Polar and utility player Mikaylah Williams.
The team has also added some strong talent including a gifted athlete in Chloe Larry, a shutdown catcher in Makayla Madrid and an ace pitcher in Lexie Warncke.
Here are comments from Coach Jones on each of the above players’ strengths:
* Sa’Mya Jones: “Sa’Mya led the team in batting average last year and extra base hits and also led the team in the circle with the lowest ERA. She’s a utility player who usually plays shortstop when not pitching. Sa’Mya is a very dangerous hitter and is one of the two fastest kids on the team.
* Moria Polar: “Moriah Polar is a triple-threat kid who can do it all. She uses her speed to regularly steal would-be hits away at her centerfield spot.”
* Mikayla Williams: “Mikaylah is a special athlete who is committed to Louisiana-Lafayette. She is a much-improved hitter and defender.” Special athlete.
* Chloe Larry: “Chloe brings even more athleticism to an already athletically loaded team. She’s a very versatile defensive player who can do it all and has some of the fastest hands you will see at the plate. She and Sa’Mya are the two youngest on the team.”
* Makayla Madrid: “Makayla Madrid holds a 1.73 pop time, swings from the left side and has good gap power. She was added to the team at the end of the summer.”
* Lexi Warncke: “Lexie has been an absolute wonderful addition to the team. She is a gifted right-pitcher that throws in the 57-59 mph range and spins and locates with the best of them. She also plays a pretty solid shortstop.”
“Winning a National Title this past year and falling short of winning the second National Title, losing 1-0 on an unearned run, were two of the highlights of this past year, but teaching young athletes and watching them grow on and off the field is always the biggest highlight,” explained Jones.
Added Smith, “The Bomber Organization could not be more excited to have this already-decorated team join the program. We cannot wait to see them compete with the Bombers name across their chest. Welcome to the Bomber Nation!”
Check out the team's full player and coach roster and coaches coming soon at bombersfastpitch.net
About Bombers Fastpitch
The Bombers are a Junior Olympic Fastpitch Softball Program headquartered in New Braunfels, Texas and began competition in 2001. The Bombers provide elite softball players the opportunity to pursue collegiate scholarships and to compete at the highest levels. Located in 10 states (Texas, Louisiana, Arizona, Alabama, Colorado, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Missouri, Tennessee and Arkansas), the Bomber organization and its players are committed to demonstrating leadership in community involvement and professionalism. Follow the Bombers at www.bombersfastpitch.net