Extra Inning Softball is honoring those athletes across the country who have dominated at the high school level including the fall seasons in states like Georgia, Missouri and Oklahoma as well as those who have competed this spring and summer.
We’ll finish on Independence Day honoring our National Coach of the Year the day after we reveal our National Player of the Year.
Here is the schedule of when each list will be unveiled:
2018 HIGH SCHOOL ALL-AMERICAN TIMELINE
- Monday, June 25 – Extra Inning Softball 1st Team All-Americans (Pitchers)
- Tuesday, June 26 - Extra Inning Softball 1st Team All-Americans (Catchers)
- Wednesday, June 27 - Extra Inning Softball 1st Team All-Americans (Infielders)
- Thursday, June 28 - Extra Inning Softball 1st Team All-Americans (Outfielders)
- Friday, June 29 - Extra Inning Softball 1st Team All-Americans (Multi-Purpose)
- Monday, July 2 - Extra Inning Softball 2nd Team All-Americans
- Tuesday, July 3 - Extra Inning Softball High School Player of the Year
- Wednesday, July 4 - Extra Inning Softball High School Coach of the Year
Those chosen as All-Americans and Player & Coach of the Year have been selected based on the following factors:
- accomplishments, stats and honors
- importance in the success of the team
- on-field abilities, skills & talent
- off-the-field resume, i.e. academic success, community involvement, etc.
Our list is the deepest and most researched you will find as we feel it necessary to honor all those who deserve to be recognized as an Extra Inning Softball High School All-American!
Today we focus on the “Multi-Purpose” players who excel playing two or more positions or are outstanding in several areas, for example, a pitcher who is also an outstanding hitter (like UCLA’s Rachel Garcia, who won the National Player of the Year Award because of her dual threat in the circle and at the plate).
Congrats to all those who made this year’s lists!