Get on board with Extra Inning Softball's regular feature, The Last Inning.
We are scouring the Internet and Social Media and keeping our ears to the street for the latest going on in the softball community.
To contribute information, insights, thoughts or content ideas, email us at email@example.com. You can also send items/story ideas to Carlos Arias via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @Los_Stuff.
Here’s our TLI for Friday, Mar. 27 2020 …
14U CLUB SCOUTING REPORT
Extra Inning Softball has started rolling out the Extra Elite Eighty 14U Club Rankings this week, so let's take a look at Coach Cesar Saenz's team ...
IMPACT GOLD NATIONAL-SAENZ
2019 fall record: 33-8 record while competing in the Ronald McDonald, Texas Gold Cup, Impact Gold Exposure, Bombers Shootout, Southern Charm and the College Classic. All games were played in the premier level brackets. Big wins over Blaze United 2023, TN Mojo-Serie, TX Bombers-Malpass, Diamond Fury Elite, Louisiana VooDoo, Impact Gold National 2024 and Hotshots Premier.
2019 summer record: 27-7 record while competing in the Power Pool at Colorado Sparkler, Premier bracket at PGF, Impact Gold Exposure and TX Gold Cup. Big wins over Indiana Magic, Firecrackers, Universal Fastpitch, EC Bullets-Jackson and Tulsa Elite NWA.
- Bella Perez (2023 C/OF) is in her 2nd year with IG. She finished 1st at the USA Elite Select tournament in Kansas City, and 2nd at PGF with Hotshots Jones before joining us. She brings a ton of top level experience and leads the diamond for IG National Saenz behind the dish (1.7 pop time at her most college recent camp).
- Angelina Morales (2023 3B/2B) is in her 2nd year with IG. She finished 1st at the USA Elite Select tournament in Kansas City, and 2nd at PGF with Hotshots Jones before joining us.
- Alaina Schaefer (2023 P/Utility) she collected over 10 home runs during the fall and is dominating at the high school level at a top program in the state as a freshman. Pitches in the high 50’s and loves to mix in her off speed pitches.
- Sydney Jackson (2024 P/Corner) one of the most powerful hitters and pitchers in the 2024 class (high 50’s on the mound). Jackson has been competing with the 2023 class for several years now while being a part of IG and loves to clear the fence.
- Penelope Saenz (2024 MI/OF) one of the most versatile players in the 2024 class with a cannon. Her batting average during the summer and fall were well above .450 while facing top competition.
- Makayla Valle (2023 MI/OF/P) joined us from Colorado. Smooth as can be in the IF, outstanding speed in the OF, with a powerful bat, and she can pitch in the mid 50’s. One of the top players in the 2023 class (Extra Innings ranked).
- Marina Tinari (2023 P/1B) joined us from Colorado. She’s a powerful lefty in the high 50’s - low 60’s with complete command of the zone. Powerful hitter who came in as a cleanup for us.
- Madison Garcia (2023 OF) leadoff speed (2.7) with tons of power. Joined us from a strong Hotshots team who competed at PGF. Commands the OF and loves to make ESPN plays.
- Riley Davila (2023 OF) leadoff speed (2.8) with tons of power. Commands the OF along with Garcia and has an all out mentality. She joined the defending state champions as a freshman this season and hopes to earn her first state championship in Texas this year.
- Kalee Rochinski (2023 C/3B) joins us with amazing power at the plate. Plays for one of the top high schools in the state with high chances of winning a state championship in Texas. She’s a big time player who wants the moment to shine and competes alongside some of the top recruits in the country.
- Maya Salinas (2024 1B/3B) is another one of our young ones but plays big. Maya has cleared the fence many times and is a huge threat in the box.
What will it take for your team to be successful this year?
Utilizing all of our pitching staff and doing what we do best: HIT! We will use our "DO DAMAGE" mentality and be extremely aggressive on the base paths.
Who is your No. 1 pitcher and can you describe her skills? Who are the other pitchers on your staff and can you describe their skills?
Our pitchers range from 56-62 mph and can utilize any of their pitches in any count. This season will be tough when it comes to choosing who will pitch what game. All of the pitchers --- Alaina Schaefer (2023), Sydney Jackson (2024), Marina Tinari (2023) and Makayla Valle (2023) --- can handle any offense in the country.
Can you describe your offense and what some of the strengths are?
Our offense is powerful. Always has been. This year we added speed. This has changed our lineup immensely and it’s fun to watch. Nine of our 11 players have gone yard, and I have no doubt that our entire roster will before the end of summer 2020.
*** To read the rest of today's The Last Inning, scroll down below…