Last Friday (May 29, 2020), we announced our Top 10 of the 2020 Extra Elite 100 and heading the list was Texas two-way standout KG Favors.
KG is the latest in a long line of other #1-ranked top 100 players as selected by our Brentt Eads which includes Jenna Lilley (2014, Oregon), Amanda Lorenz (2015, Florida), 2016 Miranda Elish (2016, Texas) and many more… all the way down to the most recent selection, Sam Roe (2022, Florida).
To read about What It Takes to Be #1 in the Extra Elite 100 Rankings, click HERE
We’ve been a big fan of the young hurler/batter since seeing her dominate at last summer’s PGF Nationals where she led her Impact Gold team to the 12U Platinum National Championship by going 4-0 during bracket play with a 0.89 ERA and 25 K’s in 33.2 innings to earn All-PGF Tournament honors.
To see the complete list of the 2025 Extra Elite 100, click HERE.
Here are some fun facts about this championship-winning player that you may not have known about her on and off the field starting with a bonus one: “KG” stands for “Kaylee Grace!”
1. I started playing softball when I was 4-years-old and still in day care. I would look forward to the games playing softball. I made the all-star team for my park West Mobile and played in the state tournament, still carrying my blankey with me and took naps between games. (but leaving it in the car).
2. My favorite TV show is Greys Anatomy.
3. My uncle Michael played on the 1992 Alabama Championship team under Gene Stallings…. (Roll Tide)
4. I want to become an anesthesiologist.
5. I play volleyball, basketball and run track for my middle school.
6. I enjoy jet skiing and hanging out at the beach.
7. I love giving back to my sport. I often volunteer to work softball camps at the facility where I work out at Dbat in Waxahachie TX.
8. I am an animal lover I have two dogs: Bella Rose and Mr. Pickles (named after my favorite concession stand treat).
9. My favorite subject in school is science.
10. I am originally from Mobile, Alabama.
To read more about KG and what makes her unique, scroll down below!