Monday morning we told you about how the Texas Longhorns got commitments from a pair of 2021 Extra Elite 100 players inside the Lone Star State in pitcher Sophia Simpson and catcher Katie Cimusz.
The news got even better later in the day when we found out that Coach Mike White and staff got a Top 25 pitcher in the 2020 Extra Elite 100 when Ryleigh White decommitted from Tennessee and verbaled to Texas.
According to her father, David White, the key was her long-time relationship with Coach White going back to when he was with Oregon.
"Her first unofficial visit was to Oregon when she was in 8th grade and she really liked Coach White but didn’t want to travel so far away from home," Ryleigh's father told Extra Inning Softball's Brentt Eads Monday evening.
"She got the opportunity to go to Austin and meet with Coach White again this weekend and decided that she wanted to be a Longhorn."
"It was a difficult decision for her because she’s been verballed to Tennessee for the last three years or so but she’s happy and excited to get the chance to learn from and play for Coach White.
"She’s always been a big fan of him and wanted to learn and develop under his tutelage and believes that she will be the best version of her at Texas both as a student and as an athlete. She really clicked with Coach (Chelsea) Spencer and Coach (Steve) Singleton too."
Read more on Ryleigh in our Extra Star Power profile we did last month by clicking HERE!
Another high-profile standout who announced her college choice this week was Claire Davidson, the outstanding pitcher/hitter with the Tampa Mustangs-TJ squad who chose Duke.
You can read about her commitment HERE; we'll have more on Claire's commitment later this week!
We have some great profiles coming up in the next few days including Michigan commit Emily Aiken and Texas commit Katie Cimusz!
Overall, we have more than 70 new adds to the Signing/Verbal Database this week!
Here's what some of the players said about their commitments (via our "I Committed" forum on our site):
- Mallory Hardwick, a 2021 1B/OF with PA Chaos Gold, picked Arkansas saying, "I'm a lifetime Arkansas fan who verbally committed today (Sept. 7). I could not be more excited!"
- Tori O'Brien, a 2020 3B/UT player with Ohio Hawks-Joseforsky, wrote us about her Ohio Univ. verbal: "I am a slapper and multiple offers and committed to Indiana Univ. last September; then in June this summer, they decided to go a different direction with the new transfer rules. I was back on the market as a late 202 recruit and had multiple offers back on the tabke and a few new ones to check out, but feel I am finally home at Ohio University and will be a Bobcat with Coach Ro and her staff!"
- Kailey Harrigan, a 2020 catcher with the Clearwater Bullets, will stay in Florida to play at the next level. She said of her Jacksonville Univ. commit: "I am so happy to be attending JU and becoming a part of Coach Ayer's team!"
Currently, we have over 4,150 players in the latest version of the Extra Inning Softball Signing/Verbal Database including the 70-plus new updates this week impacting the ACC, Big 12, Big Ten, Pac-12, SEC and more.
Schools picking up big commitments this week included Arkansas, Baylor, Duke, Houston, Michigan, North Carolina State, Ohio State, Texas, Utah and many more!
If you want to get your favorite player in the database, instructions are listed below...
Below is our searchable “Extra Inning Softball Signing/Verbal Database” which serves as a good tool for prospects of all ages to see which players are going where--especially important when a recruit wants to know if a particular university took five pitchers or three middle infielders in their class!
- PLAYERS & PARENTS: go to our Contact Us page and fill out the info in “I Committed!” (2nd tab down) to get info to us.
- COACHES: email email@example.com your player data to match the spreadsheet format below.
Extra Inning Softball's Signing/Verbal Database (Sept. 11, 2019)
How to use: put multiple requests in the Search Box—for example, “2019”& “Alabama”—to filter down to specific information.