After two weeks of outstanding club softball at the PGF Premier Nationals, it’s time to recognize those players who elevated their game and shined against the best competition in the nation to be chosen to the 2019 PGF Premier All-Tournament Teams.
Consideration was given to how a player helped their team as well as individual stats and accomplishments, be it as a pitcher, hitter or defensive standout.
The teams were selected and compiled by Carlos Arias of SoCalSidelines, Manny Alvarez of SoCalSidelines and Brentt Eads of ExtraInningSoftball.
To provide comments, corrections or more information, email: email@example.com.
Allison Royalty, Athletics-Mercado: The Arizona State-committed 2020 right-hander, went 4-0 with a 0.30 ERA and 48 strikeouts in 23.2 innings, tossed a one-hitter with 14 Ks to lead the Athletics to a 1-0 victory over Georgia Impact-Lewis in the PGF 18U Premier national championship game.
Paige Smith, Athletics-Mercado: The Ole Miss-bound infielder has been a clutch hitter throughout her high school and club career, especially at Deanna Manning Stadium, the site of the PGF 18U Premier national title game where she knocked in the winning run with a double in the bottom of the sixth. She batted .444 with a homer, two doubles, five runs and five RBI at PGF.
* Ryleigh White, Athletics-Mercado: The reason the Athletics were so unstoppable at PGF was because they had a second dominant pitcher in White, a 2020 Tennessee-committed right-hander, who went 3-0 with a 0.00 ERA and 19 strikeouts in 18.1 innings.
* Val Pero, Athletics-Mercado: The Oregon State-bound catcher batted .313 with a homer and five RBIs and played stellar defense behind the plate for the Athletics.
* Alex Salter, Georgia Impact-Lewis: The Alabama-committed 2020 right-hander pitched 21 innings on Friday, July 26, to earn Georgia Impact's second consecutive trip to the PGF 18U Premier national title game and only allowed three hits and one earned run in the loss to Athletics-Mercado in the finals. She was Georgia Impact's "workhorse."
* Katie Goldberg, Georgia Impact-Lewis: The Virginia-bound infielder smashed six home runs and batted .486 in bracket play at PGF.
* Dallas Goodnight, Georgia Impact-Lewis: "She was a triple-threat all tournament" said Georgia Impact coach Patrick Lewis of Goodnight's phenomenal play at PGF.