Get on board with Extra Inning Softball's regular feature, The Last Inning.
We are scouring the Internet and Social Media and keeping our ears to the street for the latest going on in the softball community.
To contribute information, insights, thoughts or content ideas, email us at email@example.com. You can also send items/story ideas to Carlos Arias via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @Los_Stuff.
Here’s our TLI for Tuesday, Mar. 31, 2020 …
14U CLUB SCOUTING REPORT
Extra Inning Softball out the Extra Elite Eighty 14U Club Rankings last week, so let's take a look at Coach Richard Galvan's team ...
TULSA ELITE 05-GALVAN
Extra Elite Eighty 14U Club Ranking: T-54
2019 Fall Record: 17-5-1 with third place USSSA/USA Softball US Games and runnerup at Top Club in Broken Arrow.
2019 Summer Record: 26-17-1
Top Finishes: Third place at USA Elite Select 13U Nationals and third place at 14U Tulsa Elite Invitational.
- Hally Vaughn (2023, RHP/OF, athletic pitcher with a lot of ball movement, focusing on curveballs and screwballs. Batted .430-plus in the fall)
- September Flanagan (2023, SS, a power hitter that batted .400-plus with 15 HRs in 2019)
- Chaney Helton (2024, OF, a lefty slapper with a .400-plus average. She's very fast (2.65 home to first) and covers a lot of ground in center. Competitive in track)
- Sierra Soto (2024, C, .350-plus average)
- Taylor Lundien (2023, C/UT)
- Ava Yocham (2024, 3B/UT)
- Whitney Holcomb (2024, OF/RHP)
- Rylee Bush (2025, OF/2B)
- Annika Dill (2024, SS/2B/RHP, a talented and explosive with a solid 5-foot-8 frame. Explosive player and playing 2nd base right now. Her measurables are very high and has bright future)
- Jackson Logue (2023, 1B, a .400-plus power hitter with 76-mph exit velocity. Has launched balls out easily at 250-260 feet)
- Audry Warriner (2023, OF/C, a .400-plus power hitter with 10 HRs in 2019)
- Georgia Boekhout (2024, RHP, clocks at 57 mph with a nasty change-up. Will be able to hold down some innings. She's new to the elite level, but fitting in well)
- Brooklynn Stohler (2024, RHP- a 5-foot-11 hurler that's new to elite level with a bright future)
What will it take for your team to be successful this year?
We need to start finishing tournaments. We are very competitive and can run with the best, but we're still working on taking the championships in upper level tournaments. We have added to the pitching staff and should be able to go deeper in 2020.
Who is your No. 1 pitcher and can you describe her skills? Who are the other pitchers on your staff and can you describe their skills?
Halley Vaughn is our No. 1 pitcher. She is very elusive. She is a contact pitcher, but teams really struggle to hit her. Every ball pitched has spin. She locates well. She takes on the best teams in the country and holds their runs low giving a chance to win.
Can you describe your offense and what some of the strengths are?
We have speed and power. We can generate runs very quickly. Hally Vaughn has been a successful lead-off. September produces big shots with runners on. We have built a lineup that has nine kids with over .350 batting averages at the elite level.
*** To read the rest of today's The Last Inning, scroll down below…